Thursday, April 9, 2015

Casual vs Hard Core vs Free for All

Recruiting, as I said in my last post, is an ongoing endeavor. Once I started getting people to join the guild, I had to look forward to building a raid team. Once again, I had some pretty idealistic goals for what I wanted in my raid team. I wanted:
  • Players who were new to raiding and anxious to learn.
  • Players who were familiar with raiding, possessing of loads of patience, and willing to teach.
  • Players who recognized that boss encounters require some preparation like gearing up and watching videos to learn mechanics.
  • Players who wanted to progress through bosses but were willing to be patient through the learning and preparation process. 
  • Players who didn't live and breathe numbers and statistics.
  • Players who took responsibility for their mistakes and learned from them.
  • Players who didn't point fingers and get bitchy when we wiped.
I was, and still am, asking for a lot. For the  most part, I found just the people I was looking for too. There's been some bumps in the road and progression is slower than I had anticipated, but we're moving along, bouncing around in High Maul and BRF as we like. When we can't get a boss down and get frustrated, we stop and try a different one. I'm sure there has been talk that has occurred outside of my hearing, so to speak, but I think most of my team are happy with the way things are going. I've actually had some tell me that they've been in hard core raiding guilds before and much prefer it the way we do things. They like the fun and friendly atmosphere versus raiding in a high stress environment.

I'm painting a pretty picture here, right? Well, there have been some bumps, like I said. As the weeks have progressed and we've been learning how to work as a raid team, I've had to reassess and make some adjustments. I'll tell you all about that in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You've come this far...